Saturday, October 8, 2016

Creating Memory Books II

I just finished my second Girls’ Getaway since retiring in June.  It’s time to create the Memory Book.  Almost a year ago, I purchased a DSLR digital camera with the intention of using it to take pictures of my travels during retirement and of my grandkids (once I had them).  I fully intended on creating a Memory Book for each of my trips for me and for my fellow travelers.  


Since retiring in June, I have created a Memory Book for the Asheville, NC girls’ trip and am now working on a Memory Book for my Galena, IL girls’ trip.  I have two grand babies coming in January so I am honing my photography skills, gearing up for plenty of pictures.  I remember how much my children loved sitting with my mother and father looking through the pictures of all of their adventures from their travels during retirement.  I hope to share the same experiences with my grandchildren.   

When shooting the pictures that will go in your Memory Book, grab picturesque photos of your accommodations, interesting restaurants, attractions and activities, scenery and by all means, the people you were with.  I am even guilty of taking pictures of food if it’s interesting enough.  I transfer the pictures that I want to use to my computer and crop them if necessary then edit them for light and effect.  

Choose an internet-based image publishing service such as Snapfish, Shutterfly, Walgreens etc. to download your pictures and create a Memory Book.  I have been using Snapfish - it’s easy to use and has great sales.  I also like to use captions to tell the story of my trip.  Usually, your Memory Book will be published and shipped to you in 7-10 days.  

Call your travel buddies, meet for lunch, dinner and/or drinks and deliver the Memory Book.  They will love it!  It’s also great to hand to your friends that come over if they ask about your trips.  Although keeping your snaps on your phone or computer are convenient ways to store the photos, they are not always easy ways to show them.  


Creating a Memory Book is not only a great way to be creative, but it’s also a great way to memorialize your adventures and memories. 

2 comments:

  1. Love your site and what you do with your pictures - Memory Book
    We have taken so many trips over the years and have tons of pictures just sitting in the computer or on USB Flash Drives - your way sounds like the intelligent way to make use of them. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank You for your feedback! I find that it's so easy to show my family and friends pictures of my travels without hovering over them looking at a computer screen. They really love looking at the books and my travel buddies really appreciate them, not to mention putting them together is fun and therapeutic.

    ReplyDelete