Sunday, April 17, 2016

Another Big Step Today

I took another big step towards closing out this major chapter in my life - I cleaned out my car.  Not that I keep my car messy - but it serves as kind of a mini-mobile-office for Association business and teacher paperwork.  It's organized, kind of.  I realized after REALLY cleaning it, that I have 3 briefcases and an abundance of spirals in my car.  The plan is to take all of these files and paperwork to school tomorrow and file everything in my office for Shari, the wonderfully organized math teacher who has taken over my position as President.  Meanwhile, I have a nice clean car with a few items in the glove box and console (not school-related), a Kleenex box and two umbrellas.  In my trunk- my yoga mat and snow scraper.  Oh yes, let's not forget my Dammit Doll.  I guess I will keep that in my car, but I don't intend on using it as much.  At least I hope not.

I did choose a beautiful, sunny day to take this major step.  No matter how happy people think they would be to retire, it's still a major change and a bit on the stressful side.  This beautiful day helped make it not-so-stressful.

I will be officially retired in 34 school days.  (Teachers count everything in school days.)  My brain really does need to start shifting gears at this point.  Right now, one part of my brain that says, "There is so much more I want to do" is fighting with the other part that says, "It's going to be here in 34 days and you need to be ready."

I am definitely keeping my Dammit Doll.

No comments:

Post a Comment