Saturday, April 2, 2016

April in Chicago - I Don't Think So

If you live in Chicago, you know that April in Chicago is not flowers and sunshine.  In April, Chicago will tease you one day with green grass, the hint of emerging daffodils, and the promise of sunbeams.  The next day it will slap you with snow, hail, wind, rain, and freezing temperatures all in one day!  Today is one of those "slap  you" days.  I live in a suburb of Chicago.  Except for Easter and Spring Vacation, April has never been one of my favorite months.  So unpredictable here!  Like many people, my PMA (positive mental attitude) is affected by the climate.  One of my climate-happy places is Arizona.  It's sunny and warm almost every day of the year, it's not humid, rarely rains, and never snows (at least not in the Phoenix area).  Wind?  The few times I have been there during a dust storm, I just stayed inside for a couple of hours.

I know that when I retire I will spend March in Arizona.  March is Spring Training, a great time to be in the Phoenix area.  From the looks of April in Chicago, I may need to be in AZ for most of April as well!  Of course, no one likes to be in Chicago in January and February.  Ah heck!  Might as well be in AZ Jan.- April!  Food for Thought!  As a teacher, I was always forced to travel on the most expensive travel dates - Spring Vacation, Christmas Vacation, Summer, other holidays.  I was never able to take advantage of the cheaper travel dates, so the amount of travel I was able to do was very limited.  I am hoping to change that when I retire.  Fly on a Tuesday?  No Problem!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment