Monday, April 25, 2016

My Perception

It's no secret that teaching is a stressful job.  My favorite day of the week is Thursday.  Thursday evening, to be exact.  Thursday evening I relax from the hectic work week with only one day left, and I have my glass of wine with popcorn on the couch in front of the TV to see what interesting situation Olivia Pope has gotten into (Scandal).  It's my "take a deep breath and do something that I like to do" time during the week.  My perception of Retirement is that every day will be Thursday night.

A couple of days ago,  I went into a Hallmark shop.  I rarely visit Hallmark shops.  I didn't realize there were so many interesting items in a Hallmark shop.  I actually took 30 minutes or so and browsed the Hallmark shop looking at all of the cute little gifts.  I never do that.  If I need to pick something up, say, a card - I go in, select within 5 minutes, pay, exit.  It seems like I am always in a hurry to get somewhere or do something.  My perception of Retirement is that every day will be like browsing the Hallmark shop.

It will be interesting to see if Retirement is anything like my perception of it.  Am I going to be able to relax like I do on Thursday evenings?  Am I going to be able to really be on the "no schedule" schedule like those 30 minutes browsing the Hallmark shop?

We will see...

No comments:

Post a Comment