Saturday, September 17, 2016

The Cyclebar Experience

If you have been following my blog, you know that I believe that daily physical activity is crucial for a happy and healthy retirement.  The Phoenix area offers a multitude of options - swimming, hiking, walking, biking, various health and fitness clubs.  I recently posted about trying a cycle class at my local fitness club.  The experience was positive, but nothing compared to the cyclebar experience.  

Each time I visit the AZ abode, I contact my previous (I don’t use the word old) college roomie/cheer buddy, Mary and she finds a fun activity to do or trendy restaurant for us to visit - she never disappoints.  This time, it was cyclebar in Scottsdale.  After signing in and putting my things in the locker, I was given a pair of SPD shoes so I could “lock in.”  Hmm… I have never “locked in” before - this is serious.  I grabbed a complimentary water bottle, no need to bring a towel either - it’s waiting for you on your assigned bike.  The staff was extremely helpful and courteous, they helped me lock in and adjust my bike.  I’m already to go!

The cycletheatre was amazing!  The lighting, technology, audio, video and personal data monitors gave such a multi-sensory experience that the 50 minute workout flew by.  Have you ever been in an exercise class and found yourself looking at the clock thinking, “How many more minutes?”  That didn’t happen today.  

Our instructor, Holly Miller, was phenomenal.  She was inspiring, integrated a great mixture of strength and cardio, and was very clear with instructions throughout the entire workout.  The music she chose was energizing - the beat coordinated precisely with the desired performance to make it even more motivating.  The best part of the experience was that I could be a 55+ “rock star” among the 20, 30 and 40 somethings.  Everyone in the cycletheatre got a great workout, regardless of age or fitness level.  

What a great way to start my Saturday morning.  This is definitely worth a visit.  I’m going back!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment