Sunday, June 12, 2016

Always Tomorrow

I am discovering that one of the best things about retirement is the "always tomorrow."  I wanted to finish some "chores" such as unpacking from my trip, laundry and housecleaning.  But what I really did was what I wanted to do - workout at the gym, yoga class, gardening and a visit to the farmer's market.  I realize that I can't always use the "always tomorrow" excuse, but it's nice to have that option.  Although it is summer, and as a teacher I did have summers off, but teaching always completely consumed my days and nights from mid-August to early June.  As a result, the short 10 weeks of my "summer vacation" was completely booked with chores that I didn't have a chance to complete during the school year.  I certainly like having the "always tomorrow" option.

In keeping with retirement rule #2 (maintain a healthy lifestyle) I may have overdone my workouts yesterday - elliptical, core work and yoga.  (Gosh was I tired last night!)  I definitely felt it today!  The farmer's market was a great idea today.  I brought home fresh fruit and vegetables for a healthy dinner salad.

Tomorrow's schedule? Workout with a friend in the morning, hit some golf balls and make cinnamon rhubarb bread (from the rhubarb in my garden) for my family.  I will definitely try and get to some of those chores tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment