Friday, June 3, 2016

I Am Officially Retired

Today was my last day of school.  I am now an official retired teacher.  Do I feel any different? No.  I feel like I am out for summer vacation.  The only difference is that normally my brain would already be thinking about things I was going to do for the summer to get ready for the next school year.  Right now my mind is just taking a break.

Yesterday I had dinner with several ladies that have been retired for a few years.  They all said the same thing - I will be busy, I won't know when I had time to work, I won't be bored.  I hoping - counting on that to be the case.  I'm not so much concerned about boredom as I am concerned about my mind not getting enough stimulation.  My brain has always needed a lot of stimulation.  Like one of the ladies said yesterday, "If you aren't busy, it's your fault."  They are correct.  If I get bored, it's my fault.

So my day ended at 2:20 PM.  The last bell rang, the last announcement was made for the kiddies to leave the building.  I was sad for  few minutes.  Life as I had known it for the last 33.5 years would no longer exist.  I said my goodbyes and headed out for a glass of wine, conversation and laughter with a few of my close colleagues.

I will close this chapter tonight and start my new chapter tomorrow.  Really looking forward to my trip on Monday.  It's starting to get exciting!


No comments:

Post a Comment