Monday, June 13, 2016

Let's Talk About Trips

The list of places I want to visit is extremely long!  Maybe I am trying to make up for lost time.  When you have children, your vacations consist of Disney World, Disney World, Wisconsin Dells, and oh yes - Disney World!  Yes, we were Disney fans!!  Along with our Disney trips were Gymnastics trips, Cheerleading trips and Swimming trips.  You know, the kind of trip where you travel hundreds of miles to a beautiful setting only to be sitting in a gymnasium or swimming pool?

I am going to TRY and plan my trips a year in advance so I can budget for them.  One thing I have to keep in mind - DON'T GET TOO CRAZY!  Although I want to do EVERYTHING my first year out, it's not too practical to use up all of my trip budget at once.

I do have a place in Arizona so I am sure I will be taking trips there when I get irritated with the Chicago weather.  I would like to take historical sight-seeing trips both in the U.S. and overseas as well as some tropical "Beach Trips."  Here are a couple of places I would  like to visit in the U.S. during the first 12-18 months of my retirement:

  • Salem, Massachusetts in October 
  • Colonial Williamsburg in December 
I definitely want to take a "Beach Trip" in the near future as well.  I am hoping to take advantage of the off-season rates that as a teacher I never had the luxury of using.  Between consulting with others who have taken these trips and doing my own internet search, I hope to plan trips to Salem and Williamsburg that include all of the must-see attractions.  




No comments:

Post a Comment