Wednesday, August 17, 2016

The Best Part of the Day

I have only been retired for a little over 2.5 months, so I remember all too well the morning routine before leaving for work.  Up by 6 AM, I usually started my day answering phone calls and text messages from colleagues while getting ready for the day.  Forget watching the morning news - there was no time to see what was going on in the rest of the world.  On the way out the door, I would either make a quick cup of coffee to drink on the way to work, or take a few minutes to stop at the local Starbucks.  Breakfast?  Not usually - no time.  When I was working, the best part of the day was never the stressful morning, it was after work when I could relax, reflect on my day and get in a good workout.

Now a retiree, the best part of the day is definitely the morning.  I love to watch "CBS This Morning" with Gayle King, Charlie Rose and Norah O'Donnell while I'm getting dressed for the day.  It's interesting and informative without a lot of fluff.  I leisurely drink a cup of Lavazza coffee in my favorite cup and have an egg to get my protein.  After digesting the news and my egg, I read a daily devotional then get organized for my daily activities before heading to the gym.  

Since I retired, I love starting out my day at a slower, more relaxed pace.  I love beginning each day on a positive note after reading a daily devotional and knowing what's going on outside of my work place.  I also love not playing phone tag with my daughter in the morning as we try and communicate through our busy schedules.    I especially like getting my workout done in the morning - it gives me energy and makes me feel healthy all day.  

The best part of the day is definitely the "Get Up."  



No comments:

Post a Comment